Power BI Connector for OpenText Extended ECM
Microsoft Power BI is gradually becoming the standard tool in many organizations for data visualization and dashboards. Bringing the power of Power BI inside Extended ECM (xECM) will bring great benefits to your company.
Reports and insights are available right by your fingertips from within a Business Workspace in xECM, connecting data insights in the business process to where the information is. It also allows you to combine a variety of data sources to make the needed dashboards that bring great value to your business users. Data from xECM (Content Server database), from Microsoft as well as from leading applications can all be combined in one Power BI dashboard with the Power BI Connector designed for xECM by OpenText.
- Customer Dashboards
- Vendor Dashboards
- Management Dashboards
- Security Dashboards
Turnpikes’ Power BI Connector for xECM also integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Teams via Power Automate, ensuring that the right staff members are informed so they can take action when needed.
Embed MS Power BI into OpenText xECM with Our Connector
By embedding Power BI into your OpenText Extended ECM (xECM), you enable a great tool to be a part of your xECM business workspaces. As seen on the image below, your business has analytics capabilities available from within the business workspace.
As shown in the Figure 1, our solution will add an extra tab into extended ECM workspace, named “Analytics”.
Figure 1: New tab in Workspace “Analytics” where Power BI has become embedded in your system.
By clicking on the “Analytics” tab, Power BI will launch inside of your xECM screen.
- A user does not have to open or switch to different application
- Extended ECM passes information already on to Power BI, meaning the shown dashboards are relevant to the business area. As example, when a certain Customer Account workspace is shown in extended ECM, those data are passed to Power BI in background, so the dashboards only show data filtered for that selected Account. This is of course possible for any of the metadata available in that extended ECM workspace
Power BI Visualization When You Need It
In Figure 2 below, the user can by means of Power BI visualization immediately see how many Opportunities there are for the selected Customer, as well as the relationship between the opportunity and active Teams site. The Power BI dashboard also includes functionality to archive a Teams site, for Closed Opportunities or Lost of Won.
This solution allows your Microsoft Power BI experts to build or extend reports based on a variety of data sources and embedded into your leading applications. Knowing that SmartView or SmartUI from xECM often is integrated in leading applications, like SAP, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, SuccessFactors and more. One can embed Power BI automatically into the UI of those leading applications.
The Power BI Connector is supported for OpenText xECM version 16.0 or later.
Figure 2: Power BI filter based on xECM workspace metadata
The Power BI Connector Package from Turnpikes
The OpenText xECM Power BI Connector package that Turnpikes offers has short-time-to-value and includes:
- The Connector which can be installed on xECM to embed Power BI into xECM business workspaces.
- Documentation on configuration.
- Template Power BI reports that combine data from several data sources, like OpenText Extended ECM (Content Server DB), Microsoft Teams
Turnpikes Experts can provide training, support and additional Power BI Reports based on your requirements.